This Mocha Mousse Ice Cream is super smooth and delicious. It was originally a recipe for chocolate mousse ice cream with a generous 3/4 C chocolate sauce, but added the instant coffee (mocha flavor) instead to intensify the flavor.
Recipe for Mocha Mousse Ice Cream
Ingredients (yield: 5 cups):
- 2 Cups heavy cream, whipped stiff
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 Cups chocolate syrup
- 1 whole fresh egg
- 1 individual serving International Coffee instant powder
- To the heavy cream whipped with the salt, add the slightly beaten whole fresh egg and beat until well dissolve.
- Add, folding gently, but thoroughly, the chocolate and instant coffee.
- Pack freezer with additional ice and rock salt, and let stand 1 hour. Serve ice cream with cookies, if desired.
Add salt only after the cream has been whipped stiff.