This Strawberry Ice Cream recipe is made with ripe strawberry which gives it a lovely strawberry flavor at its best.
Recipe for Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups strawberries, stemmed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup table cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Slice strawberries, coat with 1/4 sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir and let sit for at least 1 hour.
- Beat egg yolks; beat in sugar.
- Heat creams together until steaming. Stir into egg/sugar mixture. Cool.
- Just before adding to ice cream machine, mash strawberries and stir into cream/egg mixture.
- Freeze in ice cream maker.
Notes: Try to use *very* ripe strawberries for this recipe. If strawberries less ripe, increase sugar (to at most 1 cup total).