Mix the ingredients together and just leave it in a wide tupperware dish in the freezer until frozen, without the extra beating and it will be fine.
This ice cream is one of my favorites. It has a smooth texture and you can vary the intensity of the flavor by how strong you make the coffee.
Personally, I like it strong and will make the coffee by mixing 1 cup of a good quality, freshly ground coffee with 1 cup of hot water and letting it steep for a few minutes. Then I strain out the coffee grounds with cheese cloth or a coffee filter.
Recipe for Coffee Ice Cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup very strong coffee liquid
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped stiff
- 1 egg white, stiffly beaten
How to make Coffee Ice Cream:
- Mix the ingredients together in the order listed above and stir well.
- Freeze in a refrigerator tray until mushy or about 1 short hour. Scrape bottom and sides, and beat mixture until smooth.
- Return to refrigerator and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.