Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe (version 1)
- 2 pints blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 cups light cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 3-quart saucepan combines blueberries, sugar and orange juice.
- Mash berries slightly and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.Remove from heat and puree in a food processor or blender. Push mixture through a strainer with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Cool the mixture. In the chilled canister of ice-cream maker combine blueberry mixture, cream and vanilla. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe (version 2)
- 3 cups blueberries
- 3 cups table cream
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- Blend in blender just before putting in machine.
- Freeze in the refrigerator.
Simple recipe, great ice cream. Nice texture, nice flavor (not too sweet).