Hazelnut Ice Cream. A delicious way to use hazelnuts!
Recipe for Hazelnut Ice Cream
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 4 cups light cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Wrap the hazelnuts in a kitchen towel and rub to loosen the skins. Cool completely.
- Finely grind the hazelnuts in a food processor and set aside.
- Scald the cream in a saucepan.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the hot cream.
- Return mixture to the saucepan and stir over medium heat until custard thickens and leave a path on the back of the spoon when you draw your finger across. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Remove from heat stir in the vanilla.
- Strain mixture in a large bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Transfer the mixture to the ice cream machine, add the nuts and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.