Love Chocolate? Love Espresso? Bold, intense, and not particularly sweet. It packs a powerful dose of caffeine, this is an ice cream for those who adore dark chocolate and coffee.
Recipe for Chocolate Espresso Ice Cream
- 2 C heavy cream, whipped stiff
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C chocolate syrup (ie Nestles)
- 1 whole fresh egg, slightly beaten
- 1 serving of instant coffee powder, your choice of international flavor (mocha, vienna, etc)
- Add the salt and egg to the whipped cream.
- Beat until well blended.
- Add, folding gently, but thoroughly, the chocolate syrup and instant coffee.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours to firm up.
Note: For best flavor, always remove ice cream from the freezer 20 minutes before serving, or place it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.