A recipe for Chocolate Banana Ice Cream containing over-ripe bananas for best taste.
Recipe for Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups table cream (18% milkfat)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 over-ripe bananas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Beat eggs lightly
- Beat sugar in to eggs
- Melt chocolate in milk and cream
- When chocolate partially melted, stir in cocoa powder.
- Continue stirring chocolate/cream mixture until hot but not quite boiling
- Stir hot chocolate/cream mixture in to eggs.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Cool.
- When ready to make, mash bananas and lemon juice together
- Make chocolate mixture in ice cream maker.
- Just before ready, add banana mixture.
Note: Use good quality, *very* ripe bananas. Otherwise your ice cream will have a strange flavor.