Enjoy this Burnt Caramel Ice Cream Recipe which is very easy to make and tasty on the palate. Have fun!
Recipe for Burnt Caramel Ice Cream
- 1 C (190 g) granulated sugar
- 1 C (240 ml) HOT water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 C (40g) powdered sugar
- 2 C (450 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat granulated sugar and 1/4 C (60 ml) of the water in a large skillet on medium high heat until the sugar melts and boils, stirring occasionally.
- Boil until mixture is a dark brown; remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in remaining 3/4 C (180 ml) water. (I love this part, cause the syrup boils up when the hot water is added)
- Cool to room temperature and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl until thick and lemon colored; gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Stir in cream and vanilla; stir in the caramel mixture.
- Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s directions.