Enjoy these Banana Ice Cream Recipes made with ripe bananas for the great natural smooth taste!
Banana Ice Cream Recipe (version 1)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup puree bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, cream, eggs, sugar and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon. Refrigerate the mixture until cool.
- Combine the cooled custard with the bananas, vanilla and nutmeg. Pour into freezer container.
- Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Banana Ice Cream Recipe (version 2)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Working quickly to keep the bananas from darkening, peel and place them in a food processor with the lemon juice. puree until smooth.
- You should have about 2 cups of puree.
- Stir in the simple syrup, then the cream.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of the machine and freeze. Makes about 1 quart.
The riper the bananas, the more flavor.