Mud Cake with Rhubarb and Honey, Nougat and Roasted Almond Ice Cream
Almond Ice Cream
1/4 cup blanched almonds
2 cups milk
2/3 cup heavy cream
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
- Reduce the almonds to a powder.
- Add the milk and heavy cream, mix thoroughly together.
- In a saucepan, heat the almond mixture and bring it to a boil. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the almond mixture and mix well with wooden spoon.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon, do not boil.
- Strain custard into a clean bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- Process custard in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instruction.
- Transfer to covered container and freeze until firm.
Ice Cream Maker From Amazon:
Back to > All Ice Cream / Sorbets & Ices / Yogurts Recipes