Tahu Goreng – Malay style fried tofu with spicy peanut sauce.
Recipe for Tahu Goreng
Ingredients Tahu Goreng:
- Tahu (or tofu, hard bean curd)
- Cucumber – slices
- Carrot – slices (optional)
- Bean sprouts – blanched
Tahu Goreng Peanut sauce:
- Hae ko/Petis (Wet shrimp paste)
- Fried ground peanuts
- Brown sugar
- Asam juice
- Freshly ground chili paste
- Freshly ground garlic
- Freshly ground chilli padi
- Put ingredients for sauce together in a large bowl and mix well.
- Brown tahu in a pan with oil, cut into cubes. Put on a plate together with slices of cucumber and some bean sprouts.
- Pour sauce over fried tahu.
- Serve hot.
last time this dish was made on the spot during order which is frsh. but now almost every stall serving is pre-made and not fresh..
This recipe seems like similar to the one i ate at one of the food stall at Joo Chiat.it’s very nice.i would like to try