Simple and really delicious. Easy Goreng Pisang or Thai fried banana dessert topped with chocolate sauce and cream recipe.
How To Make Thai Style Fried Bananas
Ingredients for Fried Bananas:
- Frozen spring roll pastry wrappers (6 inch square)
- 2 bananas
- Cooking oil for frying
- Thaw the wrappers for 5 to 10 minutes before opening the packet. Open the packet and carefully separate 4 of the wrappers from the pile. Start with the first wrapper by turning it 45 degrees, so it looks like a diamond.
Peel a banana and break it in half. Place the banana half in the middle of the wrapper. Grasp either side of wrapper and bring toward the center. Hold the wrapper in place on top of the banana with one finger.
With your other hand and thumb, bring the bottom end of the wrapper up over the banana. Tuck in the end and roll the banana over until it is completely wrapped. Secure the top corner of the wrapper by dipping your fingers in a little water and wetting the end to seal it like an envelope. Now the banana is ready to be fried.
Repeat the steps for the other banana half.
- Next, heat about 1 inch of cooking oil in a pot or deep frying pan. Keep the temperature at a medium high heat. The oil is hot enough when bubbles begin to rise from the bottom of pan.
- Carefully place the wrapped bananas into the oil. Fry until the bananas until they are golden brown. If the oil does not cover the bananas, flip them over to fry both sides.
- When they are done, turn off the burner and remove the pan from the heat. Take the bananas out from the oil and place them on a towel or absorbent paper to drain.
- Serve the bananas warm. For a special dessert, top them with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.