According to some dude on the internet, the “Original Recipe” is not packaged in three different places.
It is the way it is cooked and the process makes it taste like it has eleven herbs and spices when in reality there is not. While some may argue and insist and object this point of view, here are the 11 spices which are a mere guess listed below.
Recipe for Kentucky Fried Chicken
Ingredients for Kentucky Fried Chicken:
- Chipotle Chile
- Red pepper
Note: The real spices and herbs are not publically known, unless you yourself work in KFC food processing department. But we are not using those 11 spices for this recipe here. The way it is done in the restaurant is using dried eggs and milk in the flour along with a box of breading salt and the seasoning bag and a bag of breading flour.
KFC “Original” Recipe:
- 2 fryer chickens cut up into 8 pieces and marinated
- 6 cups Crisco Shortening
- 1 eggs well beaten
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 3 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp MSG
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 dash paprika
- Place shortening into the pressure cooker and heat over medium heat to the shortening reaches 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and milk. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining six dry ingredients.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk until fully moistened. Roll the moistened chicken in the flour mixture until well coated. In groups of four or five, drop the covered chicken pieces into the shortening and lock the lid.
- When pressure builds up cook for 10 minutes. RELEASE TO MANUFACTURER’S INSTRUCTIONS