Tom Kha Kai recipe
Ingredients for Chicken with Galangal in Coconut Milk (Tom Kha Kai)
- 300 grams chicken meat
- 1/2 cup thin slices of Galangal
- 1 Lemon Grass, cut into slices
- 5 Kaffir Lime Leaves, torn into pieces
- 5-6 small hot Thai Chillies, crushed
- 5 shallots, crushed
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 2.5 cups Coconut Milk
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. Fish Sauce
How to make Tom Kha Kai
- Wash the chicken and cut in into thin slices.
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil and add the galangal, lemon grass, shallot, and kaffir lime leaves. Add the chicken, salt and simmer slowly over low heat. When the chicken is done, pour the coconut cream onto the soup, stir gently, and when the soup returns to a boil,turn off the heat.
- Add the fish sauce, lime juice, and chilies, transfer to a bowl, and serve hot.