Homemade crab claws. Crab Claws are ideal for parties or starter. They can be prepared in advance and deep fried just before serving.
Recipe for Crab Claws
Ingredients for Crab Claws:
- 12 Frozen crab claws, thawed
- 300g (11 oz.) Prawns (shrimps) peeled, devein and minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Ice water
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 Tbsp Breadcrumbs, (or mix 4 Tbsp breadcrumbs with 4 Tbsp sesame seeds – optional)
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Steam crab claws and remove meat. Flake meat. Keep shells intact and reserve.
- In a mixing bowl, mix minced prawns with salt, ice water, pepper and cornflour. Add crab meat and mix well to combine. Divide mixture into 12 equal portions.
- Stuff each portion into and around a reserved crab claw. Pat into shape. Dip in beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil and deep fry crab claws until golden brown. Garnish as desired. Serve with a spicy chilli sauce.
Printable Version – Crab claws