Sweet, thick Halal Teriyaki sauce without Mirin or Sake added in the ingredients. This Teriyaki sauce is perfect for chicken and seafood dipping and marinade.
Recipe for Teriyaki Sauce
Ingredients for Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tbsp potato starch (cornstarch is another good alternative)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Mix all the ingredients except potato starch and 1/4 cups water in a sauce pan and begin heating.
- Mix potato starch in cold water in a cup and stir until a smooth mixture forms. Add gently to sauce in pan.
- Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
- Add water to thin if you over-thick it.