This pizza sauce from scratch recipe requires no cooking and quick to make. Try this Simple easy to follow recipe. Make your own pizza sauce at home.
Recipe for Pizza Sauce
- 6-ounce can of tomato paste (with no additives is best)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water (depending on desired consistency)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (more or less depending on taste)
- 1 to 3 cloves minced garlic
- A pinch of anise (or substitute fennel)
- Around 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano (according to preference)
- Around 1/2 tablespoon dried basil (according to preference)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine tomato paste, water, and oil.
- Add garlic, basil, and oregano, mixing thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- A quart mason jar works perfectly; ingredients can be added and shaken to mix.
- For best results place in refrigerator overnight or allow the mixture to rest before using. Makes 1/2 quart.