This vinegary dipping sauce enhances the taste of grilled foods or raw vegetables. It can also be used as a marinade for meat, poultry or seafood to be grilled or as a dressing for salads. This sauce keeps well in the refrigerator.
Recipe for Korean Style Dipping Sauce
Ingredients for Korean Style Dipping Sauce:
- 120 ml Chinese white rice vinegar
- 30 g fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 spring onion bulbs, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 Chinese parsley, roots removed, washed and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Dash of roasted sesame seeds
- In a bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, root ginger and soy sauce. Beat in sugar until it has dissolved.
- Stir in sesame oil, garlic, spring onions, chilli powder, and put aside for 1-2 hours to allow flavour to mingle before serving.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds to serve.