This Barbeque Sauce is suitable for burger, fried meat balls, soft bean curd, macaroni pie, tomato salad and mixed vegetable salad.
Recipe for Barbeque Sauce
Ingredients for Barbeque Sauce:
- 1 dsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder (serbuk biji sawi)
- 1/2 tsp thick soya sauce
- 1 tsp margarine
- 1/2 onion
- 140 ml water
- 2 1/2 cm. cinnamon (kayu manis)
- 1/4 star anise (bunga lawang)
- 10 white peppercorns (lada putih)
- Chop onion finely.
- Boil onion in water together with cinnamon, star anise and peppercorns until onion becomes soft and left with 1/2 amount of water.
- Remove peppercorns, star anise and cinnamon.
- Add in vinegar, salt, sugar, tomato sauce, chilli sauce, thick soya sauce and margarine. Mix evenly.
- Simmer for three mins. Taste.
- Add in mustard powder and mix well.