This Thai Green Curry is appealing, straight-forward and simple to make. A favorite and easy Thai food dish.
Recipe for Thai Crispy Noodles
Green Curry Crispy Noodles
- 180 g wanton noodles
- 100 g boneless chicken, cubed
- 100 g tiger prawns – peeled and deveined
- 25 g finely minced shallot
- 25 g finely minced garlic
- 50 g Green Curry Paste
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 tbsp tamarind concentrate
- 2 tbsp water
- 50 g firm pressed yellow tofu, diced
- 50 g fresh bean sprouts
- 30 g garlic chives, cut into 1 inch-long
- oil for frying
- Fresh chillis or red bell pepper, cut into thin slices, lime cut into wedges, sliced red onion, thinly sliced sweet basil leaves and omelet strips
- Heat the oil in a wok till very hot, spread the egg noodles into small lots and deep fry until golden brown. Lift up with a strainer-skimmer to remove excess oil.
- Fry chicken and shrimps in the same wok with remaining oil till cooked. Put them on a plate.
- Add little amount of oil, stir fry the shallot and garlic till golden brown and odorously smell. Set aside to drain out the oil.
- Stir fry Green Curry Paste with the oil till odorously smell. Add water and sugar in, stir till sugar is fully melt. Flavor with tamarind concentrate, stir constantly with medium heat till thicken. Transfer to a bowl.
- Put the fried noodles in a mixing bowl, add the ingredient from step 4 while it’s hot. Mingle gently with hands. Add ingredient from step 2 in.
- Transfer to a plate. Decorate with fresh bean sprouts, garlic chives. Sprinkle with ingredient from step 3. Add cayenne chilli, sweet basil leave, sliced onions, lime and omelet to finish.