Recipe for Fruit Kebabs with Mango Dipping Sauce. Dip them in Mango Dipping Sauce for that healthy but naughty feeling. Fruit skewers make an excellent addition to parties, BBQs, wedding receptions, brunches etc.
Recipe for Fruit Kebabs & Mango Dipping Sauce
Ingredients: (or preferred choice of fruits)
- 5 large strawberries, halved
- 1/4 honeydew and watermelon, cut into balls or cubes
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- some seedless grapes
- few mini bamboo skewers
- Prepare the fruit by washing the selected fruits.
- Thread the strawberries, honeydew, watermelon and grapes alternately onto skewers, placing at least 5-6 pieces of fruit on each skewer. Arrange the fruit skewers decoratively on a serving platter.
Mango Dipping Sauce:
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp mint leaves – chopped finely
- Puree mangoes and yogurt in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Transfer puree in a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 drops of vanilla essence and sugar.
- Add chopped mint leaves. Mix well.
- Keep cool in refrigerator before serving with fruit kebabs.
Note: Instead of Mango Dipping Sauce, try drizzling melted chocolate over fruit. These fruit kebabs really help children get to like and eat more fruit.
Recipe Submitted by: Velu Tim