Easy to make at home. Season rice, wash, add lots of water, add some salt, and put them to boil. You may use oats to cook the porridge in place of rice.
Recipe for Fish Porridge
Ingredients (for 1 person only):
- 1-2 tbsp rice
- 560ml water
- 1/4 tsp salt (to season rice)
- 1 tsp oil (to season rice)
- 90g cod fish
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 dsp oil
- 1 dsp light soya sauce
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 stalk spring onion
- Fried shallots – optional
- Wash rice.
- Season rice with oil and salt for at least half an hour.
- Add water and put to boil.
- When boiling, lower fire.
- Simmer till rice becomes soft and broken.
- Stir once in a while when simmering.
- Add salt is necessary.
- Taste and serve.
- Slice fish thinly.
- Shred ginger.
- Season fish with ginger, light soya sauce, pepper and oil.
- When porridge is ready, add in fish.
- Stir to mix well.
- Simmer for one minute till fish is cooked.
- Add salt to taste.
- Sprinkle chopped onion, fried shallots and pepper on cooked porridge before serving.
You may use oats to cook the porridge in place of rice.
i like the fact that this recipe is simple and healthy. and yes, i would prefer cod fish. simply delicious!
This porridge is great. I tried this recipe for myself and I really enjoyed it. Thanks!
This was outstanding, My kids could not get enough my husband loved it too. If you are looking for a yummy one dish meal that makes the whole family happy.
Only 1-2 tbsp rice? Wow, it’s fish soup,not porridge?!?!?
Cook then comment lah, stupid!