Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe. Crispy deep fried fish fillet and sweet sour sauce made with tomato sauce and vinegar. Quick and Easy steps.
Recipe for Sweet and Sour Fish
Sweet and Sour Fish Ingredients :
- 2 cups of sliced fish (Tilapia or Dory)
- 1 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 tbsp of ground ginger
- 2 tsp of lemon lime
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp of white/black ground pepper
Sweet and Sour Fish Dipping Ingredients :
- 3 tsp of corn starch/tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp of rice flour (you can skip and change with corn starch)
- oil for frying
- 1 egg, put in a bowl then beat it.
Sweet and Sour Fish Sauce Ingredients :
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 cup of mixed red, green, yellow capsicum cubed – deep fried in hot oil for 10 seconds
- 1/2 cup bombay onion cubed – deep fried in hot oil for 10 seconds
- 1 cup of carrot, sliced then steamed (optional)
- 2 pcs of tomato, sliced – deep fried in hot oil for 10 seconds
- salt to taste
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp corn starch mix with water for thickness
- olive or vegetable oil for cooking
- 1/2-1 tbsp vinegar or to taste
- Mix together fish ingredients in a bowl, then let it marinate for approx 30 minutes or more.
- Take a piece of fish at a time, wrapped with egg first and then flour (corn starch rice flour). Bring it to hot oil. Deep fry fish slices untill golden brown and crispy. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, saute garlic, onion with little bit of olive oil under low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add water, tomato sauce, chilli sauce, plum sauce, vinegar, salt and sugar, stirring occasionally until sauce reduced.
- Add carrot, bell peppers, onion cube, tomato, mix it.
- Lower the heat. Add corn starch moderately to thicken the sauce.
- Turn off the heat. Pour fried fish to the sauce before serving. Do not over mixed.
- Serve dish immediately with other dishes and steamed rice.