Crispy deep fried fish fillet and sweet sour sauce made with tomato sauce and vinegar. Quick and Easy steps.
Recipe for Sweet and Sour Fish
Sweet and Sour Fish Ingredients:
- 2 cups of sliced fish (Tilapia or Dory)
- 1 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 tbsp of ground ginger
- 2 tsp of lemon lime
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp of white/black ground pepper
Sweet and Sour Fish Dipping Ingredients:
- 3 tsp of corn starch/tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp of rice flour (you can skip and change with corn starch)
- Oil for frying
- 1 egg, put in a bowl then beat it.
Sweet and Sour Fish Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 cup of mixed red, green, yellow capsicum cubed – deep fried in hot oil for 10 seconds
- 1/2 cup bombay onion cubed – deep fried in hot oil for 10 seconds
- 1 cup of carrot, sliced then steamed (optional)
- 2 pcs of tomato, sliced – deep fried in hot oil for 10 seconds
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp corn starch mix with water for thickness
- Olive or vegetable oil for cooking
- 1/2-1 tbsp vinegar or to taste
- Mix together fish ingredients in a bowl, then let it marinate for approx 30 minutes or more.
- Take a piece of fish at a time, wrapped with egg first and then flour (corn starch rice flour). Bring it to hot oil. Deep fry fish slices untill golden brown and crispy. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, saute garlic, onion with little bit of olive oil under low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add water, tomato sauce, chilli sauce, plum sauce, vinegar, salt and sugar, stirring occasionally until sauce reduced.
- Add carrot, bell peppers, onion cube, tomato, mix it.
- Lower the heat. Add corn starch moderately to thicken the sauce.
- Turn off the heat. Pour fried fish to the sauce before serving. Do not over mixed.
- Serve dish immediately with other dishes and steamed rice.