Chinese style Steamed Cod fish recipe. Good source of protein and easy to prepare. This version is quick and a very good combination with bean paste. Chinese steamed fish is just so delicious!
Recipe for Chinese style Steamed Cod with Bean Paste
- 2 pieces (350g) cod fish (sliced or whole cut)
- 1 tbsp soy bean paste
- 2 red chilli (chopped)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp shallot oil
- 1 tbsp plum sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Wash the cod and drain.
- Mix soy bean paste, red chilli, minced garlic, minced ginger, shalot oil and Seasonings together.
- Pour the chilli mixture over the fish.
- Steam over high heat for 7-8 minutes, sprinkle with chopped spring onion.
- Serve and enjoy it hot with steamed rice.