This is how to cook steamed fish stuffed with ginger, garlic and sprinkled soya sauce.
Recipe for Chinese Steamed Fish
- 300g. fresh fish
- 1 1/2 cm ginger
- 2 pips garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 stalk spring onion (cut into 2-inch length, and then cut into thin silken threads)
- Clean the fish properly (discard scales, guts, gills, etc.) then patting it dry with a cloth or paper towel..
- Shred ginger. Chop garlic finely.
- Mix ginger and garlic with oil.
- Stuff inside of fish with some ginger mixture and spread remaining mixture on fish.
- Steam on high heat for 8-10 mins till cooked. Discard the fishy and cloudy fish “water” after steaming.
- Sprinkle light soya sauce on fish.
- Garnish with spring onion and pepper. Serve hot immediately with rice.