Es Teler (Mixed Fruit Drink) was originaly invented in Indonesia. This cold dessert can be “so-called” the trademark for most of the Indonesian Restaurants and Food-Stalls. It has a sweet and fruity taste with chunks of jackfruits, avacados and young coconut pulp!
The coconut juice combination will cool you down from the heat especially when this drink is consume during hot day under the sun!
Recipe for Es Teler (Mixed Fruit Drink)
- 1 Young Coconut pulp (spoon it)
- 1 pcs Avocado, cut into chunks or thinly sliced
- 10 pieces of Jackfruit, seeded and thinly sliced
- 15 pieces Atap-chee, sliced (Atap-chee is the flesh from the young seeds of the mangrove plant Nypa fruticans. It is usually soaked in sugar syrup and serves in local dessert such as ice-kacang.)
- 500ml of simple syrup
- 5 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1 big bowl of shaved ice, or as needed
- 400 ml coconut milk (or plain water- not recommended)
- 100 g sugar
Note: This dessert can be sweetened to taste, adding more, or less, of the milk mixture and the syrups.
- Add young coconut pulp, avocado, jackfruit and atap-chee in an ice cream glass or in a bowl.
- Add in simple syrup and sweetened condensed milk or according to your taste. Stir.
- Top with shaved ice.