Sold at Chinese and Nyonya hawker stalls in Singapore, this is great recipe for using up leftover roast duck.
It can be served hot with rice, or at room temperature as a salad.
Recipe for Stir fried Duck with Mango
Ingredients for Stir fried Duck with Mango:
- 2-3 tbsp sesame or peanut oil
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 250 g thinly shredded cooked duck meat
- Sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 fresh, firm mango, skinned and cut into thin shreds or slices
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Heat oil in a wok, add onion and pepper and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in duck meat and season with salt.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, then toss in mango and spring onions for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.