Pulut Hitam – Black Glutinous Rice with Coconut Cream.
Pulut Hitam is made from black glutinous rice sweetened with brown palm sugar.
A surrey of creamy coconut milk is swirled over the Pulut Hitam before it is served.
Recipe for Pulut Hitam
Ingredients (serves 10):
- 250 g black glutinous rice – washed
- 50 g glutinous rice – washed
- 3 pandan leaves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 – 7 cups of water for boiling glutinous rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 tsp salt Mix
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp water Mix
- Boil both types of glutinous rice in water with pandan leaves till cooked. Add more water if necessary.
- When rice is cooked, add sugar and cook under low heat till sugar dissolves.
- Remove pandan leaves. Add salt and corn flour mixture mixing well.
- Cook coconut cream and low fat milk with a little salt and serve separately with the bubur pulut hitam.