This special briani dish requires cooking skill, which is normaly served during special occasion eg. Ramadhan, religious feast or Weddings with nasi minyak, tomato rice or briani rice. Popular side dishes include acar timun, pacri nenas and acar buahan.
Recipe for Mutton Briyani
Ingredients (8 – 10 Pax):
- 1kg beef or mutton cube
- 2 big red onions (sliced)
- A mixture of shallots ginger garlic (blended)
- 2 huge tomatoes (cut into 4 each)
- 6-8 green chillies (cut it to 4-5 pieces each)
- 4 tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp oil
- Rempah tumis (2 star anise, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 cardamoms)
- 3 full tbsp of rempah baryani (briyani powder)
- Salt to taste
- Ajinomoto (optional)
- 1/2 tbspn sugar
- Some coriander and mint leaves (washed & chopped)
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- Fried onions
- Fried cashew nuts
- Coriander leaves
- Marinate the meat with yogurt.
- Pour Ghee and oil into heated pot.
- Add the rempah tumis and sliced onions till golden brown.
- Add in the onions-ginger-garlic paste. Stir-fry till light brown.
- Add in marinated meat to the pot. Sitr the meat evenly.
- Add tomato puree, tomatoes and green chillies. Stir lightly.
- Mix rempah briyani with water till a thick paste in a small bowl and add it to the pot.
- Stir the ingredients with the meat evenly and cook it with medium low heat. (Let it simmer till tender about 1hour)
- Add in chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Untill the meat if tender and cooked, add fried onions, fried cashew nuts, raisins, choped corriender to garnish.
- Serve hot with briyani or tomato rice.
Loved the site. Tons of great recipies. Easy to navigate. Loads quickly. Will definitely be visiting again..
This recipe is delicious! Never fail to get good feedback from family.