Kimchi is amazing to cook with since it is extremely low calorie and packed with flavor. Kimchi Bokumbap is cheap and easy to make in a short period of time.
Korean Kimchi Fried Rice (Bokumbap) can consist of various choices in meat and chopped kimchi (or leftover Kimchi), which is then sauteed together along with other vegetables such as onions, garlic and green onions.
This recipe serves 3.
Recipe for Korean Kimchi Fried Rice
- 1 cup kimchi, drained and chop into small pieces
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup minced beef or chicken
- 2 roots spring onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Salt and pepper to meet taste
- 1 Fried sunny egg for each serving
How to make Kimchi Fried Rice:
- Saute kimchi and onion in a lightly greased large pan over medium heat for a few minutes.
- When vegetables begin to look transparent, add ½ Tbsp of butter, garlic, and soy sauce and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add meat and continue to saute until meat is cooked.
- Cook a little more and turn off the heat.
- Add rice and rest of butter, spring onions and mix all ingredients well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put Bokumbap on a dish and place a fried sunny egg side up on top.
Enjoy this dish with Sambal Belacan!