This simple delicious potato salad has plenty of flavor with pickle relish, mayonnaise, and chunks of cherry pepper, celery, shredded carrot, and firm fingerling potatoes.
Recipe for Potato Salad
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 3/4 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons white onion chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon diced celery
- 1 teaspoon diced cherry pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon shredded carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (Boiling potatoes)
- Salt to taste (mixture)
- Scrub potatoes, peel, trim bruises and other imperfections and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- When the potatoes are done, drain and let cool completely.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl along with the dressing by mixing the mayonnaise, pickle relish, sugar, white onion, mustard, vinegar, celery, cherry pepper, carrot, parsley, pepper, and salt.
- Combine and chill for 30 minutes before serving
- For best flavor, refrigerate Potato Salad overnight.