Try your own homemade chicken nuggets recipe! This recipe was shared by a chef and a friend of mine last week, which i have tried it myself. If you are curious on how McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets are prepared, try follw these interesting steps below.
Recipe for Chicken Nuggets
- Vegetable oil (in fryer)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup tempura mix (or 1/3 cup flour for a total of 1 cup if tempura mix is unavailable)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Msg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 chicken breast filets, each cut into 6-7 bite sized pieces. (Dry the chicken bite sized pieces by patting with kitchen towel).
- Beat the egg and then combine it with 1 cup water in a small, shallow bowl. Stir.
- Combine the flour, salt, Msg, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a one gallon size zip lock bag.
- Pound each of the breast filets with a mallet until about 1/4-inch thick. Trim each breast filet into bite sized pieces.
- Coat each piece with the flour mixture by shaking in the zip lock bag.
- Remove and dredge each nugget in the egg mixture, coating well. Then return each nugget to the flour/seasoning mixture. Shake to coat. Put nuggets, bag and all, in the freezer for at least an hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining egg mixture.
- After freezing, repeat the “coating” process.
- Preheat oven and large cookie sheet to 375°
- Deep fry the chicken nuggets at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light brown and crispy. (cook only about 9 at a time.)
- Drain on paper towels 3-5 minutes.
- Place deep-fried nuggets on preheated cookie sheet in oven and bake another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite McDonald’s dipping sauce.