Macaroni and Cheese. Made with cheddar cheese, butter, milk, parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper and macaroni.
Recipe for Macaroni and Cheese
- ½ cups butter
- ½ cups flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan or Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Cooked macaroni
- 8 oz (by weight) elbow macaroni
- ½ cups milk
- ¼ cups butter
- ½ cups cheese (of the chef’s preference)
- 1 egg
- Dash of dried parsley and oregano
- Salt to taste
- Make a roux using half cup of butter (a stick) and half a cup of flour.
- Add 4 cups of heated milk and stir until smooth to complete the white sauce.
- Add cheese and cayenne pepper.
- Finally, mix with a pot of cooked pasta.
- Fill a pot with water, and add Macaroni and salt.
- Bring to boil stirring occasionally.
- While waiting to boil, in pot heat milk, and grate cheese into milk. This should create a basic cheese sauce.
- If too thin, add more grated cheese, if too thick, add more milk.
- When Macaroni becomes soft (chef’s discretion) drain.
- Melt butter in pot and replace macaroni (without water). Stir until macaroni is completely covered.
- Add 1 egg, unscrambled. Stir until completely incorporated.
- Add cheese sauce, and herbs. Stir well, and serve hot.