This very simple Marinate recipe is still used today at KFC for the Crispy Strips which are marinated daily in 40 to 80 lbs at a time, however the amount of this marinade is only good for about 15 lbs of chicken.
Chicken, especially boneless, skinless chicken breasts, usually tastes better and has a better texture if marinated before cooking.
Chicken is the meat that tastes like everything, or so they say. But “everything” depends on how well the chicken is marinated.
Recipe for Easy Kentucky Fried Chicken Marinate
- 2 tablespoons Potassium
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 4 tablespoons MSG
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/3 cup Bottled Chicken Concentrate
- 5 cups water
- Combine all of the above and soak the chicken in the above marinate under refrigeration and keep aside for at least 4 to 24 hours. This gives the chicken more flavor.
- The more you keep it for marinating the better. But not for months! You may end up with a dried out and overly marinated chicken.