Chinese Style Steamed Savoury Egg Custard. Made with light soya sauce, water, eggs, salt, pepper and spring onions.
Recipe for Chinese Steamed Egg Custard
- 4 eggs
- 1 dsp light soya sauce
- 280ml cool boiled water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stalk spring onions
How to make:
- Beat eggs with water, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into a bowl.
- Cover bowl with grease proof paper.
- Steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Dice spring onions.
- Sprinkle light soya sauce, pepper and spring onions on top of egg custard. Serve hot.
One of the following ingredients can be added:
- 90g chopped fresh prawns and a few strands of soaked mungbean vermicelli/sohoon. Cut into 10cm long.
- 1 tbsp pounded dried shrimps.
- 90g chopped meat.
- 90g fish meat diced into small pieces.
- 90g diced fried fish paste.