Acar Buahan. Related recipe – Acar Timun.
Recipe for Spicy Fruits Pickle
Ingredients for Spicy Fruits Pickle:
- 500g mixed dried fruits (raisins, prune, apricot, mangoes, dates etc.)
- pickled chilli padi
- lime pickle
Rempah to blend:
- 500g shallots
- 10 cloves garlic
- 10cm ginger
- 100g dried chillies
- 3 tbsp fish curry powder
(fry without oil over low heat until fragrant. Dish out and leave to cool)
- 500g oil
- 500g sugar
- 1 small bottle vinegar (to taste)
- 1/2 cup sesame seed (fry without oil over low heat until fragrant. Dish out and leave to cool)
- Heat oil in a wok and fry blended rempah till fragrant and oily.
- Add sugar and some vinegar. Taste. Simmer for few minutes.
- Add in all the mixed fruits, pickled chilli padi, pickled lime and mix well. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let it totally cool before storing in an airtight container.
- Sprinkle some sesame seed before serving Fruits Acar together with Nasi Briani or Nasi Minyak.
Nasi Briani Recipe
Recipe submitted by – Abdool Razak