This usually crisp chicken is marinated with har cheong 虾酱 (Chinese shrimp paste). This is the most important ingredient for Prawn Paste Chicken, other than rice flour, chicken and egg.
Ingredients for Prawn Paste Chicken:
- 5 chicken wing, centre part
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp har cheong (shirmp paste)
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- 4 tbsp Cornflour
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Add sugar, oyster sauce, light sauce, egg, rice flour and har cheong to chicken. Stir thoroughly. Pour in the corn flour and mix well. Marinate at least 3 hours to half a day, turning over once mid-way.
- To fry, bring chicken to room temperature.
- Prepare a deep pot of hot oil. When oil is hot enough, reduce the heat to medium.
- Deep-fry chicken in oil over medium heat till cooked through and lightly golden brown.
- Drain in a sieve lined with paper towels. Serve immediately.
Recipe Submitted by Dede
Do you like this recipe?