Grilled chicken wrapped in pandan leaves. Marinated chicken soaks up the pandan fragrance as it cooks slowly over the grill.
Recipe for Pandan Chicken
Recipe for Pandan Chicken:
- 1/2 chicken
- 8-10 large screwpine leaves (pandan leaves)
- 1/2 grated coconut to get 70-140 ml thick coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cm galangal (lengkuas)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder (serbuk ketumbar)
- 1/4 tsp fennel (jintan manis)
- 1/2 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- Pound galangal to get its juice.
- Mix all the ingredients together except chicken and pandan leaves.
- Cut chicken into 8-10 suitable-sized pieces.
- Marinate chicken with coconut milk mixture fir at least 1/2 an hour.
- Wash and wipe dry screwpine leaves (pandan leaves).
- Wrap each chicken with a screwpine leaf and staple the ends.
- Grill both sides of wrapped chicken for 15-20 mins till chicken is cooked.
- Remove screwpine leaves or serve chicken wrapped in them.
- Deep fry wrapped chicken
- Wrap chicken with grease proof papper and deep fry the packets.
Image credit –