A delicious treat, rich and creamy Cinnamon Ice Cream. Great spice mouth feel.
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, combine heavy cream and milk.
- Scrape in seeds from vanilla beans; add beans. Bring just to simmer.
- Whisk sugar and yolks in large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in hot cream mixture.
- Return mixture to same saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until custard thickens and leaves path on back of spoon when finger is drawn across, about 6 min. (do not boil).
- Strain into large bowl. Whisk in ground cinnamon. Chill until cold, about 3 hours.
- Transfer custard to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer ice cream to a covered container and freeze until firm. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Keep frozen).
Pour the cooked custard into a bowl, then put the bowl in the freezer for about one and a half hrs until it starts to freeze around the edges. Stir well, repeat process twice more until the mix is smooth. Freeze until needed in a suitable container.
More Ice Cream Recipes