Apom is an Indian breakfast made from rice flour and eaten with orange sugar.
Recipe for Apom
Ingredients for Apom:
- 300 g Rice flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 500 ml Coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Cooked rice, grind with a little water to form paste
- Some butter / cooking oil for frying
- Mix all ingredients to obtain a smooth batter.
- Leave it overnight.
- Whip the batter thoroughly to enclose air.
- Heat a small wok and grease it over with a knotted pandan leaves.
- Laddle the batter.
- Immediately tilt the wok in all directions to coat sides thoroughly and form thin crispy edge and a thick fluffy center.
- As soon as the center is cooked, remove with a flat ladle.
- Serve them while hot with curry.
- If sugar and eggs are added, it can be eaten plain.