Looking for chicken wing recipes? Get tips for preparing these tasty quick and easy KFC wings that can be served at parties or as a snack for kids. If you have ever had them, you have to love them.
6-8 cups shortening
20 chicken wing pieces
One egg, beaten
One cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon MSG
1/8 teaspoon Paprika
1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- If you are using frozen wings, allow them to defrost and marinate.
- For fresh wings you are going to want to take the wing and remove the flipper and then break them into two pieces and then marinate them.
- In a small bowl mix together the beaten egg with the milk.
- In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and MSG.
- When shortening is hot, dip each wing first in the flour mixture, then into the milk and egg mixture, and back into the flour, until they are evenly coated.
- Bread all the wings, cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.
- When they are ready to be used, heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep.
- Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of wings begin to turn brown.
- Remove from the shortening and allow them to drain for at least 3 minutes.
- For the barbecue ones dip in the barbecue sauce and serve.
Recipe Submitted by Eric