Macaroni and cheese is generally cooked macaroni with white sauce that has a cheese flavor. A favorite among kids. Macaroni and cheese Recipe.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup Velveeta cheese
- 2/3 cup mild yellow Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook macaroni following package directions..
- When the macaroni are cooked drain but do not rinse.
- To make the cheese sauce – In a saucepan over low heat combine the Velveeta cheese, shredded cheddar and the milk.
- Cook the cheeses till they are melted and then add the salt. Add macaroni and stir.
- Place in a casserole dish and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. You may want to broil the top to make a brown top.
Note: You could try substituting some or all of the cheddar cheese with gouda, mozzarella, or swiss cheese.