Recipe for Pineapple Chutney. Made with sugar, green chillies, red chillies, ginger, garlic, briyani powder, cinnamon stick, cardamom, mustard seed, lime juice and water.
Recipe for Pineapple Chutney
Ingredients for Pineapple Chutney:
- 1 whole pineapple (400g) – clean, cut into 4 lengthwise and slice 1/2 inch thick across
- 9 level tbsp sugar
- 3 green chillies – slice half lengthwise
- 3 red chillies –
slice half lengthwise
- 1 cm ginger and 3 cloves garlic – pound together
- 2 level tbsp briyani powder
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 cm cinnamon stick (kayu manis)
- 3 pieces cardamom (buah pelaga)
- 1 tsp mustard seed (biji sawi)
- 1 cup water
- 1 level tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vinegar or lime juice
- Heat cooking oil in a pot. Fry pounded ingredients with cardamom, mustard seeds, cinnamon stick till fragrant then add in briyani powder.
- Add in pineapple slices, chillies, salt and water.
- Let it boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add in sugar and vinegar. Continue to boil for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep aside for 1/2 hour at least before serving. When serving only take the sliced pineapple and chillies.
- Serve with Nasi briyani or Nasi minyak.
Recipe submitted by Rose