Serve this butter rice with curry, chicken roast or meat stew. Recipe for 6 people.
Ingredients for Butter Rice:
- 2 cups rice – washed and drained
- 3 cups water or chicken stock
- 4 dessertspoons butter
- 1 dessertspoons chopped onions
- A small piece of cinnamon and 2 cloves or 1/4 teaspoon of powdered cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1 cup raisins
- Put butter in pan and fry chopped onions till golden brown.
- Add rice and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add water or stock, cover and cook on steady fire till water is absorbed.
- Lower flame and allow rice to cook slowly in its own steam. When rice is cooked, add salt, raisins, cinnamon and cloves. Add more butter if desired.
- Leave pan of rice on slow flame for about 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, place butter rice on platter and decorate top with fried onions, blanched almonds – fried brown in butter.
Printable Version – Butter Rice