This image is for illustration purposes only
This Barbeque Sauce is suitable for burger, fried meat balls, soft bean curd, macaroni pie, tomato salad and mixed vegetable salad.
Recipe for Barbeque Sauce
Ingredients for Barbeque Sauce:
- 1 dsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder (serbuk biji sawi)
- 1/2 tsp thick soya sauce
- 1 tsp margarine
- 1/2 onion
- 140 ml water
- 2 1/2 cm. cinnamon (kayu manis)
- 1/4 star anise (bunga lawang)
- 10 white peppercorns (lada putih)
- Chop onion finely.
- Boil onion in water together with cinnamon, star anise and peppercorns until onion becomes soft and left with 1/2 amount of water.
- Remove peppercorns, star anise and cinnamon.
- Add in vinegar, salt, sugar, tomato sauce, chilli sauce, thick soya sauce and margarine. Mix evenly.
- Simmer for three mins. Taste.
- Add in mustard powder and mix well.