aromatic and so flavourful. This recipe is originaly a Malaysian recipe from Kelantan, makes a great Hari Raya Aidilfitri cuisine. T
Recipe for Ayam Percik
- 1.5kg Fresh chicken, cut into 6 pieces, cleaned and drained
- 5 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Tamarind Pulp
- 4 Lemon Grass, bruised
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 1½ Tbsp Sugar
- Salt to meet taste
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 4 Candlenuts, (buah keras)
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 10 Dried Chillies, soaked in Hot Water
- 3 Red Chillies, seeds removed if you like
- 2 cm, ¾ inch Ginger
- 6 Shallots
- 1 inch galangal
- Mix well until the chicken is coated with the marinade and set aside for at least 1 hour or preferable overnight.
- In a blender, blend rempah ingredients and ground finely.
- Over medium heat, frs stirring continuously to prevent sauce from burning until aromatic.
- Add water and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour in Coconut Milk, sugar and salt and simmer over a medium fire for 5 minutes.
- Grill the chicken over a low charcoal fire or under a grill (griddle pan or charcoal grill), basting frequently and repeat this process of coating the chicken with gravy, until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve Ayam Percik while hot with steamed rice.
Recipe submitted by Kak Mariah
Print this recipe