Ice Kacang/Kachang Recipe. Ice Kacang can be sweetened to taste, adding more, or less, of the milk mixture and the syrups. Pandan extract simulates the rich flavor of pandanus leaves, along with the palm seeds and sweetened beans. Traditionally a special ice machine is used to churn out the shaved ice used in this dessert.
Ice Kacang Ingredients:
- 50g red beans, cooked till soft
- 50g sweet corn
- 50g lengkong (jelly), cubed
- 50g cendol
- 50g agar-agar strand, cooked
- 50g sago – cooked, add a drop of coloring
- 100g mixed fruit in syrup
- 4 tsp red syrup
- 4 tsp brown syrup
- 2 tsp sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp evaporated condensed milk
- 1 big bowl of shaved ice
- Make red syrup by dissolving sugar in boiling water. Add a knot of pandan leaf. Add red dye (cochineal). To make brown colored syrup, dissolve brown sugar in hot water, add pandan leaf. Strain.
- In a bowl, add a bit of all ingredients. Top generously with shaved ice in a shape of a steep mountain. Spoon some red and brown syrup according to your taste. Pour both types of milk on the iced.
Serves 4-5. Serve Ice Kacang Immediately!