Ingredients for Grilled Tamarind Prawns:
- 550 g fresh large tiger prawns
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp sweet soya sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- small bunch fresh coriander, trimmed (optional)
- 2-4 fresh green chillies - stalks and seeds removed, quartered lengthways (optional)
- some salad of your choice eg. lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber slices etc.
- Devein prawns, trim feelers and legs, but keep shells on.
- Rinse well, pat dry and, using a sharp knife, make and incision along the curve of the tail.
- In a bowl, mix together tamarind paste, soy sauce, sugar and black pepper.
- Pour mixture over prawns, rubbing it over shells and into incision in tail. Cover and let marinade for 1 hour.
- Prepare charcoal grill. Remove prawns from marinade and place on rack over charcoal grill.
- Grill prawns for about 3 minutes on each side, brushing them with marinade as they cook.
- Serve them immediately with coriander and green chillies to chew on.
Recipe Submmited by Madam Suriati
Buy and order books cheap online, novels, recipes, used books - Indonesian Food Recipes
Do you like this recipe?