Recipe for Pineapple Chutney
- 1 whole pineapple (400g) - clean, cut into 4 lengthwise and slice 1/2 inch thick across
- 9 level tbsp sugar
- 3 green chillies - slice half lengthwise
- 3 red chillies - slice half lengthwise
- 1 cm ginger and 3 cloves garlic - pound together
- 2 level tbsp briyani powder
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 cm cinnamon stick (kayu manis)
- 3 pieces cardamom (buah pelaga)
- 1 tsp mustard seed (biji sawi)
- 1 cup water
- 1 level tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vinegar or lime juice
- Heat cooking oil in a pot. Fry pounded ingredients with cardamom, mustard seeds, cinnamon stick till fragrant then add in briyani powder.
- Add in pineapple slices, chillies, salt and water.
- Let it boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add in sugar and vinegar. Continue to boil for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep aside for 1/2 hour at least before serving. When serving only take the sliced pineapple and chillies.
- Serve with Nasi briyani or Nasi minyak.
Image credit - mat_gebu
Do you like this recipe?