Recipe for Green Papaya Salad
- 250g. unripe young papaya
- 2-3 long beans halved crosswise (optional)
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp dried baby shrimp - pound to bruise
- 50g. roasted peanuts or cashews - coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 1/2 fish sauce
- 1 tbsp green lime juice (use tamarind in place of lime)
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 2-3 green chilli padi - coarsely chopped
- 2-3 red chilli padi - coarsely chopped
- Chopped handful of fresh coriander
- Peel the green papaya with a sharp knife, then slice it in half and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds. Using the largest grater you have, grate the papaya, or you can use a potato peeler to create thin, ribbon-like strips. Place in a large bowl.
- Cook long beans in medium saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Combine cooked long beans, cherry tomatoes together in the large bowl.
- Dressing: Combine palm sugar, fish sauce and lime juice. Mix till sugar dissolves.
- Add in diced garlic, chilli padi and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over the large bowl and toss. Sprinkle dried baby shrimp and peanuts over and serve.
Photo Credit - plumandlion
Recipe Submitted by : Sue
Buy and order books cheap online, novels, recipes, used books - Thai Food Recipes
Do you like this recipe?